Sunday, May 16, 2010

Why Did I Get Married Too!



I watched the new Tyler Perry movie recently, and although it wasn't one of his best in my opinion; there was one scene that really sticks with me. This happens so often in real life, and further explains what i was trying to say in my first blog.
I don't remember the character names, but it was the scene where Janet Jackson's husband walked into the room drunk as hell; throwing beer on her, hugging her, and eventually her pinned her to the couch and licked her face. All the while voicing his opinion, confessing his love, and begging her to just "TALK" to him. The next scene i remember is her sitting in a dark room sulking, until her friends showed up, sat with her and they cried together.
Although, to the average person his actions showed anything but love; from my own personal experience I see nothing but a fit of love in that scene. I guess what he was going through is one of those things that you have to have gone through personally to comprehend. In my opinion the husband was the victim. I don't expect a lot of people to know, or understand what it feels like to love someone so much that you lose yourself simply trying to rescue your dying relationship. It was clear that the speaking of thier deceased child was extremely hard for her to do. It was also the core of ALL of their marital problems. He loved her with all of his heart and would've given anything, even life itself for his wife to open up to him, knowing that his relationship needed it.
While sitting at the bottom of the stairs crying together, if one of the friends would've taken the time to ask "Why" "Why did he do what he did to you?" the very very simple answer is "because he wants me to talk to him" Why couldn't she do that for the man she married, the man that's hurting just as much as she is?
Instead they sympathized with her and all came to the conclusion that she was the victim. Don't get me wrong, in that situation (physically) she was, but he did nothing to her that could have hurt her the way her was hurting emotionally.
And her response,(instead of talking to him) was to attack him at work, which led to his death. When all he wanted was for his wife to share her burden with him, like I feel any good husband would want to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment