Sunday, May 16, 2010

Get the facts!!!

In so many conflict situations, the person that tells you there side of the story is automatically conceive as the victim. I was recently the victim of online harassment. A girl I dated a while ago decided that she was gonna do any and everything she could to make me feel as uncomfortable as she can. Hacking my facebook, Harrassing my friends and family members online, and taunting me with private information she has no business having. One day enough became enough. I decided that it was time to respond to the online assault and share my opinion. Realizing that manners, politeness, and a decent upbringing does not imply weakness. She retreated running to her family members claiming to be the victim. I believe that this outcome happens far too often. Attackers pretending to be victimized and family members playing ignoring the whole picture to comfort who they feel is the victim.
In so many situations friends and family encourage "crazy" people to continue along the same path. Before jumping to her defense the family should have inquired about my "side" of the story. By sheltering her and coming to her "rescue" this girls family is allowing her to continue her "psycho" ( for lack of a better word) behavior. No one knows you better than you family, its up to them to recognize when you've played the "victim" card one too many times and get you the help you need.
I can't help but accuse her family for bein accomplices, and encouragement to her hating her life and feeling the need to make as many people miserable as she can, to simply lift her spirits.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with this very much. Sometimes women get so wrapped up in tryning to play the victum role, because of the title that society has placed on them that they completely ignore the fact that the man has feelings too. A simple conversation could've possibly fixed things between this couple and even if they did not want to reconcile, things could've ended on good terms. Communication is a virture in a marriage. Something a wife and husband should be familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what i was tryin to say. I'm glad you understood the message. Stereotypically speakin I half expected most females to read it and think it's bs. Thank you

    ReplyDelete